Once you pass your tech stack tests, you will unlock the Coding Challenge (available in the menu section on the left).
If you have already cleared the tech stack tests and are having trouble moving forward, you can take the Coding Challenge on your profile on the Turing platform by clicking here.
When you click on Coding Challenge, the following screen will show up:
Picture 1: Coding Challenge screen
Here you can start Coding Challenge, the last step of the Turing Vetting Process.
Pro-tip: You can also take a practice test to get a feel of the environment and user interface of the test!
What is expected of me in the Coding Challenge?
The Coding Challenge is the last step of the Turing Vetting Process. During the Coding Challenge, your real-life coding skills will be assessed with the help of some practical coding problems. This challenge is designed to test your problem-solving ability.
You will get access to our coding platform, where challenges based on your chosen primary tech stack will be given to you. Keep in mind that this is a test of how you solve these problems, so your approach to the solution is important. You will be given 2 problems, and a total of 30 minutes for this.
Your screen will be recorded as you take on the challenge. This recording will be a part of your developer profile, this helps Turing's teams, as well as clients, get a glimpse of how good you are at coding!
What happens if I fail the Coding Challenge?
Do not worry, even if you fail, you can re-take the challenge in three months. In the meantime, Turing has prepared the list of resources that could help you improve your skills:
- Coursera - https://www.coursera.org/learn/algorithmic-thinking-1
- Hackerrank - https://hackerrank.com
- Codility - https://app.codility.com/demo/take-sample-test
- Khan Acadamy - https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-science/algorithms
- Data structures and algorithms - https://leetcode.com
- System Design - https://github.com/donnemartin/system-design-primer
- OOP & Design Patterns - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF206E906175C7E07
- Git - https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2